Central Milton Keynes Town Council (CMKTC) has carried out a Basic Accessibility Check on www.cmktowncouncil.gov.uk. This statement applies solely to that domain.
We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
· change colours, contrast levels and fonts
· zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
· navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
· navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
· listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
What We Are Changing
We are currently replacing all PDF files uploaded since September 2018 with accessible HTML versions. We are prioritising past meeting minutes, after which we will do the same for past agendas and policy documents. Files from before September 2018 will not be converted at the present time. If you require accessible versions of a file from before September 2018, please contact us and we will produce one.
Our planning policy documents page will be replaced with direct links to Milton Keynes Council’s website, where accessible versions of these documents are available. We are also reducing the number of images on our website and are replacing visual menu systems with simpler text-based content on our home page.
Feedback and Contact Information
If you require further assistance or believe we are not meeting accessibility requirements, please use the contact form on our website or give us a call on 01908 766176.